Thursday, April 5, 2007

Good Friday/Holy Saturday

From Frank O. Holmes' meditation manual "My Heart Leaps Ups" AUA 1956.

Good Friday: Jesus...who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross. Meditation: I am not asked to endure beyond my strength. My responsibility is to use, this day, those resources of courage which have been entrusted to me. Let me then show forth, without delay, the largeness, patience, and power of my mind. And let me have confidence that, when the harsher and more solemn crises of experience come, I may trust myself to the ample power and mercy of the Divine Spirit to which my human spirit is akin.

Holy Saturday: Our hearts are restless until they find their rest in thee. St. Augustine. Prayer: In the face of all that I cannot understand, and before the future which I cannot foresee, I would offer Thee the reverence, the trust, the confident hope of my heart. Help me to know that beyond all ugliness is beauty; beyond all wrong is forgiveness; beyond all separation are understanding and peace. Amen.

Type rest of the post here

No comments: